Rss Feed

start to listen

yesterday i was reading a devotion thing and it was about asking God to speak to us...but more importantly to help us to listen as well. this really hit me. dont just speak but help me listen. so many times i ask God to speak to me, give me some wisdom, tell me what to do but then i dont listen to his response. sometimes because i dont want to hear the response or i just forget to open my ears. i think i tend to do this a lot. im so involved in how i want it to turn out and that i plan it going one way and i ask God for help but i dont wait around to hear his input. i just think mine is the one that is right. ive got 2 ears i just need to start using them. its not easy...in fact it is one of the biggest things i struggle with. i need to learn to listen. the answers may come through a gentle whisper (1 kings 19:12). through a friend who is looking out for my best interest. whatever it may be...i need to open my ears and listen to what it is God has to say