Rss Feed

why me??

2 Corinthians 4:16-18
That is why we never give up. Though our bodies are dying, our spirits are being renewed every day. For our present troubles are quite small and won't last very long. Yet they produce for us an immeasurably great glory that will last forever! So we don't look at the troubles we can see right now; rather, we look forward to what we have not yet seen. For the troubles we see will soon be over, but the joys to come will last forever.

This weekend for me was a rough weekend. Through that I had a moment of doubt, I let the devil get in my head and question why I'm doing what I'm doing. I doubted that I was good enough to be the band leader. At that moment I didn't see past my failures and forward to what God was about to do. We had 60 students at Sawgrass this weekend and 5 of them were baptized. That's awesome!!! Even through what I saw as my failure, God succeeded. I was challenged to look, think and pray about being relentless. I looked it up and found this definition - steady and persistent, never ceasing. NEVER CEASING! That's how I want to live for Christ in all that I do. At home, at church, in TheRush. I want to NEVER cease. To be unstoppable (as Scotty K would say). I want the band to grow together and become a united front. For them to join as a team. The verse 2 Corinthians 4:16-18 really got me yesterday as I was in my rut. I don't want to give up. I may have some troubles right now but there are joys to come. God has me where I am at for a reason and although I may not understand why, I'm going to keep doing the best job I can do and know that he will use his power to make things perfect in my weakness.

0 comments: